Friday night is curry night in the Hope household. I love cooking curries from scratch and this is THE BEST recipe I have ever found!Don't be put off by the number of ingredients...it's well worth it.
Adapted from Health and Fitness Magazine
- 400g chicken breast, diced
- 1 tsp ground nut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tsp water
- 75g tomato puree (this is down to personal taste - I use less)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- fresh coriander
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp hot chilli power
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek
- pinch of salt
- Mix together the marinade ingredients, add the chicken and leave to marinade for 2 hours.
- Heat oil and sauté onions until soft and just brown at the edges.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the marinade, water, tomato puree and honey.
- Cook until chicken is tender.
- Remove from heat and add extra yoghurt if required and coriander.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice.